OFY accepts any student who:
(1) is age 12 to 19 and is at the 7th to 12th grade level*;
(2) is not enrolled in another diploma-based program, and
(3) resides within the county of the chartering school district or one of its contiguous counties.
*OFY will continue to serve students 20 years of age or older who are currently enrolled in the program, have been continuously enrolled since the age of 19, and are making satisfactory progress (4 credits per month). If on or after the 20th birthday, student fails to make satisfactory progress in any given month, discontinues enrollment for any reason, or turns 23 years of age, student's enrollment will be terminated with no option to return.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURES & REQUIRENTS
In order for a student to be enrolled at OPTIONS FOR YOUTH, the family must meet all registration requirements.
Call the specific center to make an appointment for the following:
(1) Student must take a Reading Assessment test proctored only at the Options for Youth centers.
(2) Students and Parent(s) must attend an orientation to meet and discuss the program with their designated AR teacher.
(1) Immunization Records**: Up-to-date and all California State mandated shot requirements must be met, unless prohibited by your religion. Choose one:
Yellow California Immunization Record
(2) Transcripts: Official or Unofficial
(3) Proof of Withdrawal from the last school
(4) Families residing in our Chartering District must check with the staff in your nearest learning center for details.
Please be Informed: During 2010, whooping cough (Pertussis) was widespread in California, and the California Department of Public Health has changed its requirements regarding students receiving immunization for Pertussis.
Thankfully, there was a change in the California Law which requires that all students entering 7th through 12th grades need proof of immunization (Tdap booster) against Pertussis. The new requirement can be met if the student received one dose of Tdap vaccine on or after his/her 10th birthday.
For those students who are eager to join us at Options for Youth and want to successfully enroll, please have your Pertussis Booster Shot by July 1, 2011.
**All students who plan to enroll for summer are required to have the Tdap shot before July 1st.
* REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BY CHARTER