GUIDED INDEPENDENT STUDY
The hallmarks of our program are:
(1) Student Commitment - Students attend our school by choice and must sign a contract stating their commitment to earn a high school diploma by voluntarily adhering to our enrollment requirements: attendance, work production, test performance, and graduation.
(2) Guided Individual Instruction - Students receive personalized attention from qualified teachers who care about them and their success.
(3) Small Group Instruction - Students can take advantage of tutorials and small group instruction with a credentialed teacher when additional support is needed.
(4) Flexible and Self-Paced - Students work independently and at a pace tailored to each individual's ability and learning level, as teachers keep them on track to graduate in an appropriate time period.
(5) Open Enrollment* - This is a year-round program where students can enroll on any day that school is in session.
* "Immediate enrollment is limited by available space within each learning center. 'If the number of pupils who wish to attend the charter school exceeds the school's capacity, attendance, except for existing pupils of the charter school, shall be determined by a public random drawing.' - California Charter School Act of 1992"
(6) Continuous Learning - Our schools are open 12 months a year. This means more time spent learning with minimal interruptions.
(7) Subject Matter Focused - Our curriculum is paced to one to three subjects at a time, helping students be in control and stay focused, and encouraging them to gain self-confidence.
(8) Accountability - Our students are tested and monitored on a regular basis to ensure progress in meeting required State of California standards. All students are required to pass the California High School Exit Exam and to participate in all other state mandated testing.