When was the last time you enjoyed your job or felt you made a difference in someone's life?
At Options For Youth, we make a difference in the lives of struggling students. We empower underserved students by unlocking their passion and dreams.
Perhaps you're looking for a career in teaching or one that that supports our teachers. Become a part of changing students' lives. We empower minds by inspiring hearts in an environment of mutual trust, mutual respect, compassion, and integrity.
Options For Youth is a 7th - 12th grade WASC accredited public school independent study program that addresses "at risk" students by moving them towards graduation. We employ staff that directly and indirectly supports fully credentialed teachers who desire to impact the lives of students by working in small group settings that personalize instruction.
The independent study model differs from traditional systems in several ways:
• OFY students meet with their assigned teacher at a learning center for one hour appointments, twice a week.
• Each teacher has a group of 3-5 students each hour for seven hours per day.
• This design allows for more individualized attention and ensures that each student's needs are met.
• Students are given one to two classes at a time increasing the odds of success.
• Options For Youth is open year round and students may enroll at any time and address the required course work that is needed most.
If you would like to work in a dynamic learning environment that is effective and on the cutting edge, please fill out an online application.